Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thanks to everyone for all of the appreciation and support.

Just had a show at the Zee Heritage India festival in Chantilly, VA on May 31st. I have to say the experience was quite a rush…the festival was HUGE with over 10,000 visitors..it felt just like a giant mela(festival) in India with hundreds of stalls and booths for everything from clothes to jewelry to textiles.

The organizers of the festival allotted me a 2 hour show for Saturday evening. At first I was worried how I would carry a show by myself for 2 hours..I prepared about 14 songs to sing and choreographed dance parts as well – needless to say, it required plenty of prep time. Once I started performing though and saw the crowd loving the popular bollywood tracks as well as my own songs, I felt at ease and actually enjoyed myself on stage. I was touched by the response I got by people of all ages and the number of people who offered their encouraging and supportive words.

My favorite part of the night was when a little girl came up to me with a piece of paper and asked me for my autograph telling me “You rock!”. It made my day. Looking forward to the next show!

No comments: