Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Story- Part 1

I can’t remember when I actually started loving Indian music..it seemed to come about very naturally. Growing up I was always more interested in American pop music and hip-hop since those were what my friends and most people listened to..but Indian music was the only kind to really touch my heart and make me feel an unexplainable kind of happiness – listening to it, singing it, and dancing to it.

What started off as a hobby became a passion to finally, a part of my being. Growing up in a very academic family (both parents and my sister have their PhDs), I kept music as a side hobby while pursuing my education of medicine, even to the point of gaining admission and entering medical school. I was warned by many that once in medical school I would have no time for anything else.

Still I thought I’d give it a chance for the sake of my family and hoped for the best. I soon realized that I would not be able to balance music with the stress and full-time commitment of medical school. I was not ready to give up music from my life and so I faced a major life dilemma. After a tough inner battle, I finally left medical school and decided to go to India and pursue my dream of being an Indian pop diva :) To be continued....

No comments: